We all know how it is to be new in a city! But don’t worry, we know exactly how you feel! Let us give you some tips how we met people when we first arrived in Toulouse!
Do you want to meet new international people and improve your language skills at the same time?
- Try Toulangues: It is a great site to look for tandems. For me it worked pretty well.
- Internations: join the groups that interest you e.g. Toulouse Afterwork Group or Toulouse Dinner Group. You will see there is a group for different tastes. You do not have to be a paying member to join the website. Sign up here:
- German Stammtisch: A good way for us Germans who want to meet fellow Germans or improve their French – twice per month on Thursdays
- Accueil café des langues at the bar “Le cactus” (near Compans Cafarelli). Events to be found in the Facebook group of Happy People Toulouse.
- This groups is for us ladies: Expat Ladies in Toulouse.
- Toulouse Area English Speaking Forum
- Do you speak Toulouse CS group
Some French websites:
- On va sortir: A very French platform with dozens of meet-up groups every day for different types of activities e.g. running, board game nights, dinner, etc. (mainly French).
- Meetup: Join different types of groups. I personally find this page more useful for entrepreneurs with common interests, than leisure activities.
Of course there are many more ways to meet people… so be creative and first of all, have fun! There are so many great international people to meet in and around Toulouse & so many fun activities to discover! Have fun!